Thank you for considering a gift to the Society for Christian Education in Southern Alberta (SCESA)*. Leaving a bequest means that your legacy of support of Immanuel Christian Schools will continue on through your generous contribution. Here are some of the ways you can continue your legacy:
Leaving a Charitable Bequest in Your Will
A gift to SCESA within your will may be easily accomplished. Examples of the various forms of gifts that may be made, with sample wording, can be found here.
Gifts of Securities
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax effective way for you to make a gift to the Society for Christian Education in Southern Alberta. By donating securities directly to SCESA, you:
- Eliminate the capital gains tax that would be payable if you were to first sell the stock and then donate the proceeds.
- Receive a tax receipt for the full fair market value of your gift.
Gifts of Insurance
A gift of a life insurance policy is a practical way to provide a significant future gift that will help ensure that Christian education is available for students in Southern Alberta for many years to come. Examples of the forms of insurance gifts that may be made include:
- DONATE A POLICY YOU ALREADY OWN TO SCESA: If you have an insurance policy that is no longer required to ensure your family’s financial security, you can gift the policy by transferring ownership to SCESA.
- MAKE SCESA THE BENEFICIARY OF AN EXISTING OR JOINT POLICY: You may name SCESA as the beneficiary of an existing policy while you remain the owner of the policy.
- APPLY FOR A NEW POLICY: If you take out a new insurance policy and make SCESA the owner of the policy, each premium you pay will entitle you to a charitable receipt.
*We encourage anyone considering a legacy gift to discuss their decision with their family and strongly advise speaking with a lawyer and/or financial advisor.